Monday, July 27, 2009

Run, Run, Run!

My crazy and true Australian adventure that began here and continued here.

So I was stuck in a desert. My grand trip in Australia, and I was stuck in a desert. I wasn't even sure I was still in Australia, but I had no choice but to start walking and hope that I run into some form of civilization. Unfortunately, since I initially set out to spend the day at the beach, i dressed accordingly. This meant tackling the harsh desert wearing nothing but flip flops and swim trunks. If dehydration didn't kill me, the intense sunburn would at least make my life complete torture.

"OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE OUT HERE!" I yelled out to the expanse before me. It mockingly parroted my cry. What an ass.

I trudged along the sun parched land, the sun's heat waves bending my path ahead. All I could think of was how long I'd been walking, and how much I would give to have a gulp of water. I could see for miles all around me, which meant I was no closer to help than I was a few hours earlier. I wanted to collapse and take a breather, but the ground was baked, so laying down would only mean asking whatever scavenged in this hellhole to have me well done. I was close to giving up hope, when i saw a dark figure approach from a distance. I was shocked.

"Hey! HEEEEY!" I yelled as loud as I could, running as fast as possible to the approaching figure. "HELP! I'VE BEEN LOST FOR HOURS!"

The figure was silent as it came near, and all the while, it looked like it was moving up and down. I continued to yell, but it died down as soon as I realized who was approaching. A kangaroo!

"Are you kidding me?!" I yelled in frustration. "A kangaroo?" Well, at least I knew I was still in Australia.

"Not just any kangaroo, mate," the kangaroo said.

"You can talk," I said. I finally realized the lack of water had finally destroyed my sanity.

"Not just talk, mate. I can sing too!" And then the kangaroo broke into a rendition of "Rapper's Delight," which I could barely call singing, but who was I to argue with a hallucination? I stood there as he continued to rap, though I could tell he was trying way to hard to look "cool." I decided to end my hallucination by throwing a rock at it. I soon realized it wasn't a hallucination. But in retrospect, i couldn't think of a better way to have kangaroo in Australia. With renewed energy, I could take on the desert. But I still had no idea where to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment