Thursday, July 9, 2009

like, does he have a car?

Australia was awesome! So now I'm going to tell you a story, a story about a beautiful place called Australia, and the amazing things that happened to me there.

As soon as I reached Australia, I of course decided to hit the beach. I was surprised, then, to see a young girl crying deeply, as the calm waves lapped across the shore. What else could I do but see what I can do?

"What's wrong?" I asked, pensively. I wasn't sure if I was intruding. The girl jolted up and looked at me, having not noticed me before. She seemed unsure of what to say, since I was a complete stranger. She opened her mouth, but all that came out was a sob.

"He's gone!" she wailed.
"Gone? Who?" I asked. I wasn't sure how far I could get before overstepping my bounds.
"Danny!" she cried. "It happened so fast..."
"Tell me more, err..."
"Sandy," she said, managing a smile. "Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you, Sandy. Now what's wrong?"
"Well, I met a boy, cute as can be. He ran by me, getting my suit damp. He started to show off, splashing around."
"That's so nice!" I said. "Does he have, like, a car? Was it love at first sight? Did you get very far?" The last question was a little much, and she shot me a look.
"We went strolling, drank lemonade, and we stayed out until ten o'clock!"
"Wow! That's pretty late, if you're a little kid," I said. She glared again.
"Anyway, I had to leave the States and come back here, so we traded out true love vow, and I haven't seen him since."
"What a nice, but sad, story," I said. "At least you'll have that fond memory, right?"
Sandy smiled. "But here's the upside! I'll be transferring to an American high school in the fall! Maybe I'll see him again!"
I snorted. "Uh, yeah, Sandy, sure. I'm sure you'll miraculously find him again, realize he's a jerk, but cause him to turn around because he really loves you, culminating in a death race which he of course wins. I'm sure that's all going to happen."
Suddenly, Sandy's face darkened. "Are you making fun of me? Because I hate it when people make fun of me." She got up, menacingly. I stepped back, a little scared. She let out a scream and rushed towards me. I ran as fast as I could, the only thing in front of me the vast ocean. I had no choice but to start swimming. Her screams faded away, and when I finally turned around, I realized the current brought me far from the shore. I was lost at sea!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA ahh how I've missed your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHHA

    I think I'd punched you if you talk like this all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha
    geez i've really been missing out by not checking up on blogger..

    ReplyDelete