Friday, July 24, 2009

A letter to my hero, Will Smith

Dear Mr Smith,

Sorry for being so formal, but I've never written a fan letter to a celebrity before, and I know it sounds weird, but I'm actually kind of nervous! You're such a great actor and singer, and have been a real role model to me for a long time. I grew up watching you on TV and have since seen every single one of your movies, from Men in Black to Hancock. And it's because of you that I feel I have the power to do anything that I want with my life.

Not to bore you with a story or anything, but I used to get into trouble a lot. I was a serious problem child, and my mom didn't know what to do with me. My dad died when I was five, so I guess that means I didn't really have a solid male role model or anyone to whip me into shape. I bet he would have known what to do with me. Instead, I was running around school beating up kids, vandalizing street signs, shoplifting, the works. I thought I was on top of the world.

Then one day, when I was about thirteen, I was hanging out with my friends, just talking, hollering at girls that walked past, and (I'm ashamed to say) smoking weed. When a couple of guys, who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood; I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said, "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and, when it came near, the license plate said "FRESH" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say the discount was rare, but I thought, "Nah, forget it." Yo holmes, to Bel-Air!

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight, and I yelled to cabbie "Yo holmes, smell you later!" Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

And if it wasn't for you, I would probably still be in West Philadelphia, where I was born and raised.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

No comments:

Post a Comment