Monday, July 13, 2009

Beyond le mer

My crazy and also true Australia aventure, continued from here

So there I was, drifting along, not sure of what to do. I was worried I might not make it through this crazy adventure. In the distance, I could barely make out Sydney, but I was weakened from swimming for so long. I decided to float along and rest. My ears were below the surface as I floated, and suddenly I heard a voice!

"We're almost there! Just a little further!"
I started up, surprised. "Hello!" I cried out. "Can anyone see me?"
I looked around, frantically, trying to figure out where the voice was coming from, when I heard another.
"Just keep swimming and we'll get there. Sydney can't be that far away!"
Suddenly, a wave pushed me below the water. I panicked for a second, not fully aware which way was up. And that's when I saw it. Two fish were swimming by. Luckily, I knew exactly what they were. One was a Paracanthurus hepatus, while the other was a Amphiprion percula. Both were swimming quickly when I suddenly heard the A. percula talk.
"Just a little further and we'll be there!"
"A talking fish?" I thought to myself, because talking underwater is impossible. "I think they're going towards Sydney!"
I swam after them, just barely keeping up, when suddenly, this huge hulking figure appeared before us. A whale! Before I could do anything, it suddenly sucked up the P. hepatus and A. percula whole. I didn't know what to do, so I grabbed onto the fin as tightly as I could. The whale swam at incredible speed, too much for me to handle. After half an hour of grabbing on for dear life (because I can hold my breath for a really, really long time) my grip loosened and I was thrown off into the abyss. I blacked out for what seemed like hours, but when I came to, I found myself on a beach. It didn't look very familiar, so after resting a few hours, I decided to explore. It didn't take long for me to realize I was surrounded by desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment